Trusting God - it's something I wish I was better at. :) I'm a worrier by nature, and although I drive myself crazy, for some reason I have a sick obsession with overthinking things and coming to the worst possible conclusion. It's insane, I know. Who would want to worry about the worst possible conslusion to a scenario? Me. Sometimes I even jusitfy it by saying that I'm just, "Thinking things through" or "Preparing for the worst." I do think that we shouldn't go into things blindly, but I think that obsessively thinking about the worst possible thing that could happen is just not spiritually healthy. (or physically healthy for that matter)
I say all that because, never have I been tested more by Satan to worry than with this pregnancy. It seems like every time that I've come back from the doctor's office, there has been something that has come up that is a cause of concern for the doctor. And, of course, if it's a cause of concern for the doctor - I'm concerned about it too. My tendancy, though, is to take the doctor's "this is what this could lead to" or "this is what this could mean" and dwell on it as if it's truth. My husband put it best (of course) when after one of those statements he said, "Well, Keara, this is just another opporunity for us to trust God." Well, He's been giving us alot of those opportunities through this pregnancy, and I'm just praying that I am trusting God and relying on the One that knows my circumstances and the outcome. I'm thankful that God has known me and our little one since the beginning of time and only has our best interest in mind. :) Praise the Lord!
I have to apologize for being ambiguous about the health concerns alluded to above. Something that helps me in the "not worrying" process, is not broadcasting my issues to the whole world and getting everyone's input, as helpful as it may be. I'd appreciate your prayers, though! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Keara
- I'm happily married to Dave! He's the bomb.
7 comments:
I wish I was better at trusting Him, too. It seems so simple in theory, but when it's put to the test, somehow trusting an all-knowing, all-powerful, loving God becomes the hardest thing ever. Praying for you guys!
thanks, Jenny, you're the best!!
You're doing a good job Keara, really :0) You are such an encouragement to me as you are going through this trial... it encourages me to stay strong in mine. Our God is good and does great things.
We are praying for you and your little one AHEM*GIRL*AHEM...
Keara, I too have been tested in the area of trusting. I am like you and have the same excuses as you do. especially at the beginning I think I was going crazy (especially at nights) with worrying osmething was going to happen. I can't say that I trust very well still, but it was a hard time for me to grow and keep reminding myself that God already knows the outcome, and that he already knows what will happen 10 years from now, and tomorrow. :-) That thought sometimes helped. (although I must admit, at night nothing really helps my crazy mind).
thanks everyone for your encouragement! what a blessing to have good friends!
Glad you found me :) I put your blog on my list to follow :).
We are praying for you!
This hymn comes to mind (and it sure is a good one to sing to yourself as you remind yourself of all His promises to take care of you as you trust in Him):
1.Be not dismayed whate'er betide,
God will take care of you;
beneath his wings of love abide,
God will take care of you.
Refrain:
God will take care of you,
through every day, o'er all the way;
He will take care of you,
God will take care of you.
2.Through days of toil when heart doth fail,
God will take care of you;
when dangers fierce your path assail,
God will take care of you.
3.All you may need he will provide,
God will take care of you;
nothing you ask will be denied,
God will take care of you.
4.No matter what may be the test,
God will take care of you;
lean, weary one, upon his breast,
God will take care of you.
Hi Keara, I just found your blog, Im new at this thing so I hadn't yet figured out that you leaving comments means you probably have one, too. I will be faithfully checking it now. I also got your message through facebook (I never, ever check facebook, I got it through an email)... no worries about the baby shower, I understand, and I am so glad to be able to pass down stuff to you, most of what we have gotten has been hand me downs and its certainly a blessing to keep passing it along, if you have a little boy then I will have some more clothes for you, too =). I will be praying for you, it is easy to worry about the little one inside of you, I know, its the beginning of a lifetime of learning to trust the Lord and his care over our children. I will be praying, praying, praying.
Post a Comment