Thursday, October 30, 2008

never again the same...

It's official. Our lives will never again be the same. Dave and I are expecting our first child. I can't stop smiling even as I type this.

We're about three months along. Hopefully the morning (actually all-day) sickness will be over soon. I also can't wait to feel like myself again and have energy to get through a whole day without needing to take a nap on my lunch hour. :) And, at the risk of sounding like I'm complaining too much - I'd really like to enjoy food again.

With all that said, I always thought, "Yeah right?!" when women said they forgot about all the pain of labor once they met their litte one. On a much smaller scale, I think that now I might understand a little bit. Going through these first three months has been anything but a picnic, but all that changed yesterday.

Yesterday morning, for the first time we met our little one. The kiddo is tiny - just about 2 1/2 inches. It's amazing that those 2 1/2 inches just changed my life forever. Absolutely amazing. You just can't prepare yourself for how you'll feel when you see that little one on the screen. Knowing that it's the product of an Almighty Creator who is loving it, knitting it, and forming it as it grows inside of you is breathtaking. As I looked at the screen and heard the baby's heartbeat, there were tears running down my face. Suddenly all those weeks of sickness, fatigue, and wondering if all of this would ever end was worth it all. A new life is forming inside of me - a special gift from God that He's entrusted to Dave and I.

Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! You are absolutely right about ultrasounds. Praise the Lord for His blessing you with a child. Hurray!

cranny + b said...

oh yay!!!!!

We are so happy for you guys! I hope that you feel better soon, Keara! So exciting!

S said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all and will be praying that you'll get to feeling good soon. I loved every ultrasound also-and hearing the heartbeat is amazing. I too am not one that loves the pregnancy part..Jonas' was much harder than Esther, but even still, the love God puts in your heart for a little one is just amazing. I feel so privileged that God has entrusted us with two wonderful children and love being a mom. You and Dave will be such great parents and I'm sure your parents are THRILLED! :) Sorry for the long comment...just really excited for you. :)

SaraEmmo said...

Yeah!! I have to say, it does get better as the days go along! Sophia's pregnancy was alot better than this time, but

SaraEmmo said...

This is so cool... I can't wait to meet the little Keara... hope you are feeling better! And yes, food will be good again... trust me!

J & A said...

I am so so so so so excited, and so happy for you guys. The Lord is so kind!!

Bethany said...

WOWWWWW!!!!! Felicidades Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I know you are going to be an awesome mom and your kid is going to be raised by two parents who truly love the Lord. This is such an awesome blessing from God. I´m praying for you, i don´t know what I´d do if I didn´t like food....I´ve never had that problem!

kellyH said...

congrats to you guys!!! don't feel bad about wishing this stage of the pregnancy away...it is MISERABLE. mine passed at 14 weeks and then I felt like a new person and was actually able to enjoy it! but seeing the little one definitely helps give you perspective on why you're going through this. :) best wishes for sickness to pass quickly!!

Geoffrey Kirkland said...

Congrats Dave and Keara! How exciting it is that we are blessed to walk through this journey together!! Elizabeth and I love you guys! :=)

juliechall said...

I'm so pumped for you Keara! What wonderful news!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you!! Hopefully you will be over your morning sickness soon!! It is all worth it...We just had our first little one 1 weeks ago, and it has been so wonderful!! Keep us updated!!

Kelli said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you two. You will be awesome parents.

About Me

I'm happily married to Dave! He's the bomb.