My mom always drilled into my head as I was growing up, "Keara, when you grow up - marry a man of integrity." I can remember at various times rolling my eyes when she would say this (of course, when she wasn't looking!).
I have to say now that I'm SO glad my mom took those "teachable moments" to instill in me such an important truth. I don't know if it was a conscious thought as I was going through my teen years and college years, but I'm sure that my mom's voice was in the back of my mind as I was evaluating the "special friends" that I had during those years.
Thankfully, my sophmore year of college the Lord brought Dave into my life. I have to say, that if there was ever a man of integrity it's Dave Trepanier. Dave has such a strong conscious it's ridiculous! I couldn't even get him to skip class with me in college! :) In all honesty, I'm am SO glad to be married to a man that I respect more than anyone else in my life. It's so great to be able to respect my husband, and it makes it that much easier to submit to him. I am so thankful for the godly leadership that he has in our marriage, and I'm just amazed at the wisdom that I see in him. He's so faithful to lovingly point me in the right direction, and I know when I ask for his advice he's not telling me what he thinks I want to hear but what he feels is wise. It is so great to be able to trust in my husband's leadership and decision making in our marriage - because I know that he has a tender heart to what the Lord wants. What a blessing to be under his loving authority!
If you've ever talked to me for very long about marriage - you know that I always say, "Marry a man of integrity - a man that you respect!" I'm sure that's because of what my mom instilled in me at such a young age. I can see now the wisdom in that statement, and I'm so thankful for her faithfulness to teach me that. Mother does always know best...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Keara
- I'm happily married to Dave! He's the bomb.
No comments:
Post a Comment